Have a type of egg carton that isn't accepted by your local program? Before you toss it, can you choose to reuse? Here are some ideas:
- Do you have a friend or neighbor with chickens? Chicken owners are often looking for cartons to fill with eggs.
- Turn your plastic or paper egg cartons into a seed starter tray.
- Create something new with the used cartons: painter’s palette, paper mache or arts and crafts! Create a sorting game for young children.
- Upcycle into storage/organization containers for small objects like jewelry, thumbtacks, and paperclips. Who doesn’t have a junk drawer that could use some organization?
- Compost paper cartons and egg shells!