Organics/ Backyard Composting
Backyard Composting Program
It’s easy to recycle organic materials such as yard clippings and kitchen scraps—and the benefits are huge. And the best way to divert organics from your waste stream is to compost in your backyard!
Get your backyard composting adventure started. Ontario County residents have access to a significant discount on backyard composting kits that include everything you need to get started. Special pricing is only available to the first 200 residents who order with a 2 kit per household limit. Pricing ends on September 23rd.
If you’re already a backyard composter than you’re probably already making good use of any extra food waste and know the amazing benefits of composting.
If you aren’t a composter here are some reasons that you might want to start:
- You can reduce your household garbage by around 20% which will reduce odor-causing organic waste at the landfill.
- You’ll save money. Less waste in your dumpster will cut down your trash bill.
- It’s great for your plants. You’ll end up nutrient-dense soil-like material for use in your garden.
- It has a positive impact on our environment. You’ll cut back on your carbon footprint due to a reduction in waste and resource consumption like water and fuel.
- It’s easy!
Looking for other ideas to compost at home?
Rather drop-off your collected organic waste as a site to be disposed of?
- Some municipal transfer stations are beginning to offer collection opportunities for organics. Check to see if your town has an Organics Drop Off Program.