Plastic Bags & Film
Separate your plastic bags and wrapping. There are lots of places that will take them.
It’s important to reuse and recycle plastic bags because they don’t break down quickly in the environment. That’s a danger to wildlife that can get tangled, trapped, and choked by them. There are plenty of stores throughout the county that collect plastic bags and other plastic wrapping material.
What’s on the list?
- Plastic Bags labeled No. 2 and No. 4, usually the kinds used for shopping, newspapers, dry cleaning, bread, and produce
- Zip-close food storage bags that are clean and dry
- Furniture and electronic plastic wrapping material
- Plastic cereal box liners (Note: if the liner tears like paper, don’t include it)
- Product wrapping material like you find on paper towels, diapers, toilet paper, and bulk water bottle packages
- Any film packaging or bag that has the “How2Recycle” label